Health

Most people think that just because you grow up in church you must have a perfect devotional life but its not so. Back in May I was in a car accident And I learned how MUCH I need a personal devotional life. On mothers day my sister-in law and I want to get ice cream. As we sat in the turn lane to turn into the apartments, BAM! another car hit us. We both had whiplash and I had hit my head. Later on that week I would go back to the ER and  find out that I had a concussion and because of that I stayed home for about 4 or 5 weeks. It was the HARDEST thing I've gone threw. Because of my concussion I would have Migraines so bad I would stay in bed all day. The hardest part was not going to church. I reached a point where I was desperate to hear from God. So I started having a devotional every day. And I started thinking what was it keeping me from having a healthy  spiritually lifestyle. And it hit me. I was letting "life" take the place of my quiet time with God.
Why do we that?? Let things get in the way of our time with God. There have been so many times where I couldn't  hear God and now that I'm older I know it was me getting in the way of hearing from God. It was me not making Him first. It was me not making time for Him. And here's the thing I'm still working on it. And the GREAT part is God knows I'm human AND He LOVES me anyways! It is so impotent to have a healthy devotional life. We need it more then we think! It keeps us grounded. We have better understanding. And it feeds our mind and spirit.
And even better our relationship with God is GROWING!
For those of you who want or are in ministry you need to know that the devil will fight you on it. Ever step of the way. BUT DON'T GIVE UP.  IT IS WORTH IT!
Your not the first person to struggle and you wont be the last. As Christians we need to be healthy and strong NOT weak. I personally will never stop running after God. He is all I need and want.
I want to reach the lost and do what I was called to do.

My favorite devotionals are:
Jesus Calling & Jesus Today By Sarah Young

My favorite worship music is:
Kari Jobe
Bethel
hillsong
Warr Acres

I hope this helps someone.

We all have greatness in us
Love,
-Girl In Ministry

Comments

Popular Posts