Good

 
When I look back on 2015, I think about one of my favorite worship songs, "Nothing is wasted" by Elevation Worship.

"Nothing is wasted;
You work all things for good.
Nothing is wasted;
Your promise remains:
Forever you reign."
 
Honestly, the whole song relates to me and the year I had.
Last year, I grieved the loss of a loved one. I have grieved for people in my life that were (and still are) hurting. I have been overwhelmed with sadness from let down after let down. And I have been depressed because some things are hard to understand. And even at the age of 23 (almost 24) I still struggle with my humanity. I understand grace but I have no clue how to give myself grace.
 
Let's talk about the good things! I have experienced revival! And it lit a new kind of fire inside of me that has overflowed. I have seen Joel 2:28 start to unroll slowly in my own youth group. God has shown himself to me in new ways. I have seen the power of prayer. I have seen darkness flee because the light will not be overcome.
 
Yes, this past year has been hard on me and I'm sure this year will be as well but hey, growing pains hurt. I have learned that "nothing is wasted". God can use the good and the bad and the things that are still hurting. We just have to be willing. Just because I have been in ministry pretty much my whole life doesn't mean I have it all figured out. I'm still learning. However, I wouldn't change a thing about last year.

The Holy Spirit laid something on my heart last year when things were kind of hard and I was struggling to keep my joy.
He said, "God is good, and God is good at being good."
Wow. I mean, I knew that, but I didn't know that. So every time when I feel like things are falling apart I say, "God, You ARE good, and God, You ARE good at being good." And this will be my saying for this and all the years to come.

I'm not sure what you are going through or how good or bad your year has been but it will be well with your soul. I don't know if there has been a death in your life, or if you have a loved one lost in this world, or you have just stopped moving toward God. I can relate to all of these. Just remember how much God loves you! And remember that...
 "Nothing is wasted;
You work all things for good.
Nothing is wasted;
Your promise reminds:
Forever, You reign."
 
 
 
I sure hope this helps someone. Don't ever stop running to God with everything!
 
Until next time!
 
Love,
 
-Girl in ministry
 
 




Comments

Popular Posts